||Welcome to PreK3 & PreK4
LCS provides an academic environment that is fun and stimulating for young children. We allow students opportunities to explore their world with creative play, while developing the vital learning skills and academic concepts they need. Our goal is to provide an atmosphere that encourages both social and academic development.
Our PreK classes are licensed by the State of Colorado.
Maximum student to teacher ratio
- PreK3: must turn 3 by their first day of school
- PreK4: must turn 4 by October 5th
- The first bell is at 8:00 a.m. Students are tardy at 8:15 a.m.
- PreK3: 1/2 day dismissal at 11:30 a.m. Full day dismissal at 3:00 p.m.
- PreK4: 1/2 day at 11:30 a.m. Full day dismissal at 3:00 p.m.
Early Education day begins with praise & worship, Bible story, calendar and weather. Additional subjects addressed during the day may include colors, shapes, numbers (recognition and counting), phonics (letter and sound recognition), character development, art, cutting skills, center time, free play, following directions and social skills.
Longmont Christian School primarily uses A Beka curriculum, which is comprehensive in phonics, reading-readiness skills, letter and number recognition. We have a Bible class every day, Bible memorization weekly, and a chapel service led by Mr. Bennett.
A Beka materials have been developed as a result of 50 years of actual classroom experience in Pensacola Christian Academy, one of America’s largest and most respected Christian day schools. Their publications are built upon the firm foundation of Scriptural truth and are written by dedicated and talented Christian scholars who are well grounded in the practical aspects of classroom teaching.
Classes may include music, art, physical education and computers.
- Numbers: 1 - 10
- Phonics: Letter of the Week
- Handwriting: Upper Case Letter Formation
- Phonics: reading groups begin during the fall semester
- Numbers: 1-20 and number concepts
- Handwriting: all letters, as well as, first and last name